St. Cloud, MN-
St. Cloud Blizzard (10-37-4-1, 25 pts) @ Chippewa Steel (29-18-3-1, 62 pts)
With only eight regular season games remaining the Blizzard head south east this upcoming weekend to take on a non divisional opponent, the Chippewa Steel.
The Steel are currently in second place in the Midwest division with 62 points and hold a one point lead over the Kenai River Brown Bears (61). With the Midwest playoff race tight, the steel will look to collect 4 points from the already eliminated Blizzard.
- Connor Smzul, F (20 G, 28 A, 48 pts)
- Jacob Dirks, F (27 G. 20 A, 47 pts)
- Killian Kiecker- Olson, F (14 G, 28 A, 42 pts)
- March 13th & 14th (Home vs St. Cloud Blizzard)
- March 18th (@ MN Magicians)
- March 20th & 21st (Home vs Janesville Jets)
- March 27th & 28th (@ St. Cloud Blizzard)
- April 3rd & 4th (@ Springfield Jr. Blues)
St. Cloud Blizzard
The Blizzard come off a weekend series in which the final score may not tell the whole story of the game. Both nights the Blizzard kept things close with the Minot Minotauros.
Friday Night: Minot 7, Blizzard, 4
The Tauros took an early 1-0 lead but with 9 minutes left in the first period Blizzard forward Ryan O’Neill scored his 12th goal of the season to tie things up at 1-1. An even, scoreless second period led us to what might have been the most back in forth period of the season. Between the two teams, nine goals were scored. It was Minot that broke the tie late and picked up a few more, including an EN goal to win7-4. Blizzard goals scored by: O’Neill (12), Roberts (3) Suchy (11), and Taraszewski (2).
Saturday Night: Minot 5, Blizzard, 3
Looking for revenge the Blizzard and Tauros faced off for the final time this season. Once again, Minot wasted no time and took a 1-0 lead in the first. but it was all Blizzard in the second period. Goals by Max Johnson (7), Brady Bjork (15), Luke Aquaro (16) tied the game heading the the third period. Minot’s Kyler Kleven struck again halfway through the third period to collect his 25th goal of the season and give the Minotauros a 4-3 lead. Minot scored five minutes later to extend their lead and despite a strong effort the Blizzard fell short again.
- Jack Suchy, F (11 G, 27 A, 38 pts)
- Luke Aquaro, F (16 G, 19 A, 35 pts)
- Brady Bjork, F (15 G, 13 A, 28 pts)
- March 13th & 14th (@ Chippewa Steel)
- March 17th (@ Bismarck Bobcats)
- March 25th ( @ Austin Bruins)
- March 27th & 28th (Home vs Chippewa Steel)
- April 3rd & 4th (@ Aberdeen Wings)
Follow all Blizzard action on HockeyTV and Blizzard social media!
Visit www.stcloudblizzard.com to learn more!